Kanwaldeep Sidhu, M.D.Spine Surgery
Neck & Back Pain Specialist
- Undergraduate Education: University of Michigan College of Engineering 1983-1985
- Medical School: Wayne State University School of Medicine 1985-1989
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: University of Michigan 1989-1994
- Fellowship Training: William Beaumont Hospital 1994-1995 Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Dr. Sidhu is an orthopaedic spine surgeon who specializes in treating disorders of the spine. His areas of interest include experience with state-of-the-art conservative treatment for neck pain, back pain, and sciatica, including microdiscectomy and reconstructive surgery of the cervical and lumbar spine. He has presented several papers at national orthopaedic conferences regarding the complex issues in the treatment of spinal disorders. Dr. Sidhu has also co-authored numerous book chapters on topics related to reconstructive spine surgery.
His educational background includes a degree in Engineering from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. He attended medical school at Wayne State University, Detroit and graduate Alpha Omega Alpha (honors) in 1989. His residency in orthopaedic surgery was performed at the University of Michigan from 1989-1994. In addition, he completed a fellowship in reconstructive spine surgery.
Dr. Sidhu has staff appointments at St. John Hospital, Henry Ford Macomb Hospital and Beaumont Grosse Pointe Hospital. He is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the Mid-American Orthopaedic Society. He is also a member of the Michigan Orthopaedic Society and the Michigan State Medical Society.
Dr. Sidhu has been recognized by “HOUR” magazine as a “top doctor” in orthopaedic surgery for several years. He also was recognized by the “superdoctors” organization as a top orthopaedic surgery physician in 2011.
Spine, Neck & Back
Treatment options for these injuries or conditions can range from bracing to therapy to injections or surgery.
- Orthopaedic Transactions
- Journal of American Paraplegia Society
- Journal of spinal disorders
- The Spine Journal
- Seminars in Spine Surgery
- Journal of Laparoscopic and Advanced Surgical Techniques
- Journal of Arthroplasty
- Spine; 4th edition – WB Saunders
- Complications in Pediatric Spine Surgery
- Journal of American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research
- Low Back Pain – A scientific and clinical overview